Friday, December 21, 2007

Leaving Today!!

Good morning all. Today is our day, it is hard to believe the time is finally here. As we were packing last night there definitely were some mixed emotions, like what were we thinking traveling half way around the world in the dead of winter on the busiest travel day of the year? We had to remind ourselves that the reason for the trip was the most important thing. The end result will be well worth it.
I've had the whole week off from work to get ready for the trip and boy am I glad I did. Everyday was spent running errands and packing and re-packing, there were things on my list that I didn't get done. We had Christmas with our families this week, that was a little different. As you can imagine the one thing we wanted this year was money, so it was the first time I left my parents house after opening presents that I didn't have any gifts to take home with me. It was fun to watch our nephew and nieces open their gifts, although it made us realize what we will be missing on Christmas eve. Watching little ones open presents is what makes Christmas so fun. Speaking of Christmas Eve, it appears that will be the day that we first get to meet our little guy. I can not think of a better present than that, plus it just makes you realize what a gift he will be from God, only he would arrange for us to meet our precious child on Christmas Eve.
We hope that you all have the best Christmas ever, we know that this Christmas will be one to remember. Please continue to pray for us, our child, our travels, the bonding process and to give me strength to cope with the really cold weather!! Next Wednesday the high is suppose to be 15, burrrrr.
God Bless,
Crystal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You & Wayne are probably on a plane right now! I hope your travels are both safe and smooth. Lindsay & I miss you dearly, but cannot wait for your eventual return with the little guy! All three of you guys are in my prayers. Love & miss you!