Merry Christmas Eve everyone! We met our little gift from God today, a little boy named Berick at babyhouse #3 in Almaty. The visit was a short one, but it was one of those that quality is more than quanity types. He did play with some of the toys we brought, he laughed and the best part was he didn't cry!!!! We will get to go back tomorrow, we should find out tonight if we will have morning or afternoon visits. I just pray that the next 14 days go as well as today and that his personality starts to develop as he becomes more comfortable with us. After the few minutes we got to spend with him this morning it makes me realize how hard it is going to be to go home without him much less not see him for a long time. We will try to post pictures at some point, we will likely have to go to an internet cafe to do this, since we found out today that the wi-fi system here in Kazakhstan is not compatiable with Windows Vista, now tell me that does not suck because we will have to take a taxi to get to an internet cafe. Yeah, Wayne and I getting a Russian speaking taxi cab driver to take us to a place we can't pronounce the name of in Russian. We may try to go to the coffee house to try their wi-fi, just to make sure it doesn't work, the coffee house is just down the street. Our in-country staff keep asking us what we are going to do to celebrate Christmas, they don't understand that without our family and church it won't really seem like Christmas, especially with no gifts (just joking). We will try to post daily now that we have dialup internet service in our room.
Love,
Wayne and Crystal
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am back on the blog list! I can not wait until you can post a picture of the little guy.....we are thinking of you and praying for you all the time. I am going to light an extra candle for you at the Christmas eve service tonight.
I'm so glad to hear from you. I've been thinking about you since the last post and was checking the blog every few hours to see if there was any new postings from you. I will be checking back periodically. Have a Merry Christmas and be careful!
I an SO very excited for you guys! I can imagine the joy and overwhelming emotions you are experiencing right now. We are praying for you and thinking of you often. We love you and are impatiently awaiting pics of the newest addition! Carrie
Merry Christmas! What a wonderful night to meet your sweet baby. I can't wait to see a picture. Don't worry about Tom and Cheryl. The Christmas Eve phone-fest is not far away. My mom says they may even be calling "Russia". LOL Stay safe, you all are in our prayers. Love ya! (Send some of the snow this way)
Thanks for allowing us to be part of your Christmas miracle. We can't wait to see pictures. Have a Merry Chrsitmas!
The Paul's
Wow, so excited for you guys. Max and I have been thinking of you every day and can't even imagine all of the emotions. Relish every moment.Merry Christmas, I know Santa has been good to you this year..love you
Max and Kristy
Merry Christmas to you! We came home from Christmas Eve mass to find your pictures! :) It feels like we are going through this with you. We love the blog. Gavin said, "Just think of everything Wayne is going to teach him"! What great pictures. Thanks! We love you all and will await the next posting. Love,
Marty, Allison, Gavin, Grant, Gracie & Gwenna
Post a Comment