We went to the babyhouse this morning to see Zeb. We had been playing with him in his room but today we had to go to the the playroom with 6 other couples and their babies. This was a little distracting, especially for our kid, he likes to check things out and steal other people's toys. But it did give us the opportunity to compare his personality with the others, he is so much more bright, laughing out loud and moving about. Everyone in the room was taken by his laughter. They had a music program today celebrating the new year, we got to watch some little kids perform, all dressed up in costumes. We also got to see some of the older toddlers there, they just sat on a bench and watched the program, it was really cute. They wouldn't let us take any pictures of that though. Wish we could have, that would have been a neat thing to show you guys.
We met a girl from Cleveland who is here adopting a son, she had court this week and has to wait 15 days before she can get custody of her little boy. We have been riding to the babyhouse with two couples from Belgium, they are really neat. They are adopting girls that are a year old. The babies here are just beautiful, I can't explain just how cute they are. And most are healthy, we have seen a few with down's syndrome and a little boy today that had only one arm and it was disfigured. It just makes your heart break for these children. They too are so adorable.
We got a call tonight from our translator and she said that our visit to the babyhouse tomorrow has been cancelled because of inspections. So we won't have any pictures to share. Not sure what Wayne and I will do all day, since the high tomorrow is suppose to be in the single digits again, we will probably try to find a warm place to hang out. Maybe they will let us have a visit on Saturday to make up for tomorrow. I try to keep things in perspective, at least we are not in Pakistan right now, wouldn't that be horrible. Hope things are going good back home. Miss you all. Keep posting comments, we read them all and are touch by them all. We are so lucky to have you guys in our lives and appreciate all the love you are showing us and our little guy. We plan to save all the comments and make a book for Zeb that is the blog and all it's comments. So keep telling him how lucky he is to have parents like us, so when he is 16 and doesn't really like his parents like most teenagers do, then we can show him this book and tell him how lucky and loved he is. Thanks for the prayers, keep those coming too. Love, Crystal

10 comments:
well now that i am done crying...he's beautiful! i really like how he is trying to hang onto his daddy by his hair. ha! love, michelle
The three of you look so happy together! Of course, I have been crying reading all of your entries. Wayne looks like he is fitting in to his role as a father well. Zeb is precious. We will continue praying for you all. God bless - Scott, Amy, & Lance Pinkston
Zeb appears to have taken to you and Wayne so well. It makes me cry everytime I read the daily blog. I guess in my older age, I'm really sentimental. I really wish he was able to come home with you guys in a couple of weeks. I also wish someone from the court system was there everyday seeing how Zeb laughs and smiles when you and Wayne are there interacting with him. I can't wait for you to bring Zeb to Cord, Arkansas.
Everyday when I read your blog I think how lucky a little boy he is and I also believe God meant for ya'll to be together. I also can't wait for you to be like me chasing him down trying to get his clothes back on when he decides to just grin and run cause it is fun. Bryar just stripped while I was reading because he was not getting all my attention. Don't worry everything here is going great. I love you guys and can hardly wait to meet this wonderful addition. Thank you for being willing to share your journey with all of us. Love
Becky
We love the pictures. The bonding seems to be going well. I think he and Wayne have the same cheeks. Take care.
Love, The Paul's
Everything looks like it is going well!! I think that Zeb kinda looks like Wayne. I cannot wait to see all of you and to hold your little precious gift! If you know someone that doesn't believe in miracles and the grace of God, just show them this blog!
I talked to Heather yesterday..I printed out the blog and took it to her. She was so excited for you guys, as we all are.
You are in my prayer...stay warm.
Tonya
Zeb, you need to hurry up & get to Arkansas, Grandma & Grandpa Shaw want to start spoiling you -- that is if you are not already. Besides that, there is a little puppy here that needs a playmate.
Crying again. I don't think I have cried this much in a long time. Zeb is obviously at ease and so happy with the both of you. I believe God has definitely chosen the perfect little miracle for you guys. Can't wait to see you all together back home. We love you! Carrie and family
Crystal . . . You posted in your blog that Zeb was distracted in the room by the other children, but it looks to me like he only has eyes for you in that last picture. My family and I look forward to reading your blog everyday, and I get more and more attached to him. I also have a lot of friends that I have shared your journey with that ask me everyday how things are going. Zeb has already touched so many lives.
well i guess it is cold there! the pics look awesome, Zeb is so cute and it looks like yall are getting along fine.. wayne- dont think i have seen smiles like that before:) the fort is held down and all is decent.. have fun, love yall, bring the kid home!
Post a Comment