Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Burrrrr

I have to first say, burrrr-shiver. At 1 pm today it was 3 degrees F and let me tell you it was cold. We were going to try out another restaurant today, but it was way too cold to walk anywhere, we think tomorrow will be the same way. So we ate supper at the hotel restaurant, which is not that bad. Hopefully it will be warmer tomorrow so we can at least get out and walk around a little.
We had a short visit today at the babyhouse. Not really sure why, we were told two different stories, one was that we had to wait on a different driver since the first one’s car was broke down, then we were told that there were inspectors at the babyhouse and that was the reason for the delay. So regardless, it was still short. I had to tell Wayne we need to remember the motto from “Facing the Gaints”, we must praise God when things are good and must praise God when things are bad. At least we were able to see Zeb today, the people we were with yesterday from Belgium were suppose to get custody of their babies today and they didn’t even get to go to the babyhouse, will have to wait until tomorrow at least. While we were waiting on the driver and translator this morning, you should have seen Wayne, he was pacing, so ready to go to see his little boy and getting more anxious by the minute.
When we got to the babyhouse, Zeb was waiting in his crib, eating a cookie. He had a death grip on that cookie that you would not believe. He did seem like he felt better today, didn’t sound quite so bad. Still doesn’t say much, but does laugh a lot. And gives us plenty of smiles. We were able to get a picture of him and one of his caregivers and also got to watch her change his diaper. He is so laid back and kinda goes with the flow, once he gets out of the babyhouse, that may all change.
I didn’t have time to post about the babyhouse yesterday. Just let me say, that there is no way someone could walk through those doors and not want to take all those babies home with them. When we left yesterday, Wayne said it makes you want to get 4 or 5 more. The babies are so beautiful and your heart just breaks for them. Hopefully God will find a way for us to do this again, sometime in the future.
With all our love,
Wayne and Crystal

2 comments:

Carrie said...

He looks so happy with you. I love reading your blogs and hearing the emotions you are experiencing. Will continue to pray for you! Tanner says hello and he thinks your baby is "so cute." Love you guys! Carrie

Lynne said...

Thank you so much for sharing and making us all feel a part of this process....I can't wait to get to the computer and check your blog! Of course I can't check it while I am working because I cry every time!!