Can you believe it's already 2008 and what a year it will be. It seems 2007 just slipped by without any warning. We have to say the highlight of the day was talking to our family and friends. We didn't get to go see Zeb today because of the holiday, so they are saying we can go tomorrow, so we will see. That is one thing about Kazakhstan you never really know what is going on and you just have to go with the flow.
So New Year's Eve in Almaty, let me tell you, it is a whole lot more exciting than in Batesville, AR. They really celebrate this holiday, like we celebrate Independence Day with the fireworks, but they shoot fireworks off for about 5 hours. It really sounded like a war zone outside and we were proud to be inside out of danger. With all that celebration also brought a basic closure of the city. The only things that were opened were the grocery stores. We walked four blocks to our favorite little place to eat and discovered it was closed. So then we had to walk all the way back to the hotel disappointed. For a city that has 2.5 million living here, there was hardly anyone out yesterday. I bet we didn't see 50 people in the 8 blocks we walked. So we are hoping that Jan 2 brings things back to life here. I am ready to have some good food and wi-fi internet.
So Wayne and I were talking about our Top Ten List of Things we Miss Most. So here is mine: 1. Popcorn (even microwave would be good now); 2. Real Diet Coke; 3. Fast internet; 4. my straightening iron; 5. my friends; 6. my family; 7. my church; 8. my house (one room gets really small at times); 9. my dad's tenderloin sandwiches (that will be the first meal I request); 10. warmer weather (anything above freezing would be good).
Now here is Wayne's top ten: 1. his truck; 2. Dr. Pepper; 3. ice in his drinks; 4. Cord Store; 5. eating lunch with his friends (I think he would like to eat a meal with anyone besides me at this point); 6. his family; 7. his recliner; 8. satellite t.v.; 9. real french fries; 10. my dad's tenderloin sandwiches.
As basic as it sounds, those are the things we are missing from home. And when we are just sitting around the hotel we are missing our little boy. We so desperately want him home with us, then life will be good. Wayne keeps saying Zeb is going to be a daddy's boy, we will just have to see about that.
We hope your new years celebration wasn't as eventual and noisy as ours. We pray 2008 brings all of our family and friends joy and happiness.
Love,
Crystal
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Going to the butcher to see if I can get a 2 lb slice of loin just for Wayne's breaded tenderloin. The cook is ready --- just waiting on our favorite customers. We love you guys, give Zeb a bunch of hugs and kisses for us.
Happy New Year!! I know that 2008 is going to be an exciting year for you guys with little man.
Our excitement for the New Years Eve was finally catching the flying squirrel that has been living in our house for a week now. Now to convince the kids that we need to let it go outside. I hope Zeb loves animals as much as my two...
Love you guys, Tonya
No fireworks but we did have fire today thanks to my cousins little boy. He had a lighter and was trying to set his little brother's playpen on fire as Reece looked on. Thank goodness someone missed them. I love the top ten list. They made me laugh. I can't wait for all three of you to be home. Zeb is addorable. We will check in tomorrow. Love, The Pauls
Happy New Year! I will say, your New Year's celebration beat ours. Two sick kids (so had to cancel plans), and take out. And, the take out did not sound like your Dad's sandwich, sigh.
I'll talk with you soon - you're doing great!
Andea
Okay, Wayne, I'm a little concerned if your top 10 list is in order, considering that your truck and the Cord Store were way ahead of your family!! We love you anyway and we will be so happy when you get back home and are able to drive YOUR TRUCK to the CORD STORE. (and it will be super when you get to take Zeb with you)
Love ya'll,
Regina, Riley, Brooke and Macey
Uneventful New Years Eve at the Reaves house. We all went to the neigbors to hang out. I was sick and Leslie fell and had a huge goose egg so I spent most of the evening following her to see if she was "disoriented" She was fine of course I just managed to drive her nuts! Glad your restaurant is up and running. When you get home I'll take you anywhere you want to go to get some real food because we all know I won't be cooking you anything. Love ya! Carrie
We are missing you here as well. Be safe and happy new year.-ab
hey guys,
yes i am computer illiterate. I found the comments at the bottom of my computer screen(DA) was showing mom all the adorable pictures of Zeb last night. Can't wait to see you and hear all about the trip. Lauren is dieing to babysit.
Love ya, Sheila
Post a Comment