Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sick Baby

This picture sums up today. Poor Zeb was sick and fussy, look at those pink little cheeks. He had a fever, cough and more rattles, we just wish there was something we could do for our little guy. No playing today, he wanted to be held and suck his thumb, which was fine with us. We did get him to sleep for about 30 minutes before they came to get him for lunch, he wasn't even excited about that, which he usually is. We hope this doesn't interfer with our visits. They have been known to postpone visits if the child is sick. We are suppose to talk to the orphanage doctor tomorrow so we hope we can get somewhere then. A sick child can break your heart in a million pieces.
On a better note, Mad Murphy's is back in business today, YEAH!!!! We are currently sitting here enjoying our hot sodas and chips and salsa, we just wish they actually served enough salsa for two people. Portions are small here. A few things we forgot to add to our top 10 list, for me Josie's Cheese Dip, for Wayne American money, english speaking people, and actually people that will at least smile back at you, our own bed and pillows. And just for Regina, our family is what we miss the most all though I have to say food is running a close second.
Just a short post today, hope all is well with each and everyone of you.
Love,
Crystal
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Lynne said...

Ohhh....that makes me sad but I am glad he has his mommy and daddy to cuddle. Dr. Melody will send some magic your way I am sure!

Kristy said...

Happy New Year guys! I am so sorry Zeb is not feeling well, looking foward to what the dr. has to say..Hopefully he will feel better soon-there is nothing like knowing your child doesn't feel good..Love ya!

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry Zeb is sick. His little picture says it all. I know you can't wait to get him well again. Trust me the cuddles and hugs you gave him are magic. Love ya! Carrie

Bec said...

I know there can not be anything harder than watching him be sick and not be able to stay with him. I'll say an extra prayer for Zeb today. May God watch over all of you. Love Ya Becky

Tina Paul said...

I watched the videos. Zeb sounds pitifull. I'm sure all you wanted to do was hug him and hold him. I hope he gets to feeling better soon and you get some answers from the doctor. Take care and we'll keep praying for the three of you.
Love, Rusty, Tina, Regan and Reece

mona neaville said...

I am so overjoyed to read your story and look at the pics! Mason turned 13 last week and it does not seem possible that time has passed so quickly since we were in your shoes- although your journey is taking so much longer!Zeb is absolutely precious! I have always told Mason that only God could put a beautiful child thousands of miles away and a family and have it be so perfect. He has done the same for you guys and we are thrilled! Maddie said to tell you that she loves the name! Keep us posted. Mona

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better there is a freeze warning out for the entire state. It may be colder in Arkansas than Almaty tomorrow. Hope Zeb is feeling better. Love you guys

abbyroger said...

Bless his heart. It is tough to see your child feel rough. Hold him and love him...sometimes that makes them feel even better than medicine!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to parenthood guys. Little guys like to play but maybe the best is being held by a Mom and Dad that loves them. Glad you can get refreshed with a little salsa even if the sodas are hot.

Jennifer said...

We've enjoyed following your amazing journey. Zeb is adorable and you are all so blessed. I can't imagine how heart wrenching it must be to leave him knowing he isn't feeling well and there is nothing you can do. I hate it when my girls are sick and I wish that I could do more to make them feel better. Being able to hold him today was probably good for you all. I've laughed at some of comments and insight about Almaty because they are so much like I remember Moscow and St. Petersburg. No ice, icky tasting Pepsi (too sweet), small stores (I saw actual bread lines)... I know that I survived on the jar of peanut butter I had with me and the Almond Joys I found in a store! I was thinking about you tonight - it's 3 below zero here in Vermont and will get down to about 10 below and I had a thought on Zeb's multiple layers of clothes. Vermonters dress in multiple layers - it's almost like a way of life. You can tell a native Vermonter by the way they are dressed! Alexis has even taken to wearing a winter hat around the house and I don't really think it's that cold inside. I wonder if it's just "the way" to dress in so many layers but it seems more unusual to those used to a warmer climate? That being said, I had two summer babies in Arkansas and that was no fun keeping them cool, but I have often said since we've been here that I am glad that I am not dressing a baby/toddler in the winter and trying to keep them warm! Each climate has its challenges. I hope that I will get to meet Zeb on one of our visits to AR. We're keeping you in our prayers -
Mark, Jennifer, Reilly and Alexis Faith