Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Last Day!

Greetings from Almaty, it's hard to believe that this is the last time in a long time that I will be saying that. As we are both sitting here, unable to sleep (our driver will be here in 7 hours), we are having very mixed emotions. We are sooo ready to get back home, to our home, our lives and our routines, but we have to do this without the love our lives, Zeb. We had a great visit again today, we have decided we like having in "isolation", because we get him all to ourselves, we don't have to share a play room with anyone and the caregivers are wonderful, actually there is one we would love to come home with us and be like a nanny. Problem is she doesn't speak English, so that probably wouldn't work out too well. She always makes sure he is dressed in the clothes we brought, his hair fixed and smells of vanilla, which is such a nice change. Don't get me wrong, they are all good but this one is just special, he gets so excited when she enters the room, really great to see. Makes you feel better knowing that he is happy with her, we just hope he can stay back there with her until it is time for him to come home. Of course, it is snowing here tonight, the first big snow we have had since we first got here, lets pray they let the planes leave on time in the morning. Should be back in Kazakhstan in 3-4 weeks for just a few days and then it will be waiting until they bring Zeb to Memphis!!! Hope each and everyone of you are doing good and know you are in our thoughts and prayers also. We just can't wait to share this amazing little boy with all of you. Love, Crystal
PS. This will be the last post for a few days, sorry to my addicted blog friends, I love you anyways, will you still love me???


4 comments:

Tina Paul said...

We still love you but know reading the blog is one of the highlinghts of my day. I know that's sad. I need to get a life. But we all have enjoyed the blog. Hope you have a safe trip home. Love, Rusty, Tina, Regan and Reece

Bec said...

Love you and my heart goes out to you guys but at least there is an end in sight.

towens said...

I will dearly miss the blog. I sure hope you will continue to post once you're home. I know you've taken lots more pictures than we have seen. Be careful and I can't wait to see ya!

Allison said...

What did we do before the internet?! Loved the updates on the blog. I completely understand your need to "see" him and make sure he was alright! We can't wait for his arrival and have him meet the Shaw clan in July!
Love,
Allison