I will have to say that is place looks like a winter wonderland today. There was a light snow last night and it just made everything look so beautiful, really like something out of a movie. I will not miss the cold and snow though, our great family keeps reminding us that Arkansas is having spring like tempatures, I would like to thank them for always keeping us informed. For my office mate, Becky, you would really be proud of me, I have not griped about the weather here or even been grumpy because of it. I have actually enjoyed our afternoon walks. Now that does not mean I won't be cold once I get back to my routine, so don't get too excited. I also have to say we have been gone from home for 17 days now, but it really doesn't seem like it. I
Here is a great Wayne story, I know my goal was to tell a good Wayne story daily, but since he does read these posts and I have to live with him here by myself, I have decided to take it easy on him. So here is a good one. As most of you know, Wayne has "the Gout", which is a disability without his medicine. As we were in the Memphis airport waiting on the plane, he says to me "I forgot my gout medicine", really a panic came over me. I was thinking there is no way he can make it 3 weeks without his medicine and if he gets a flare up I'm not sure what to do or what will happen. I mean I was about to freak out, we have been on a trip before where he ate something he shouldn't have, didn't have his medicine and we had to come home the next day because of it. It really does happen that quickly for him and we are going to a country where we have no idea what kind of meat they have. As we were sitting at dinner tonight, Wayne asks how many days we have been away from home, I say 17 why? He says you know I have had chicken to eat everyday except one. Bless his heart, no red meat or alcohol at all, those automatically bring on a flare up, so when he gets home he probably won't eat chicken for a month. He says he will remember his gout medicine next time so he can at least eat something besides chicken, he actually wants to try some of the other meats here. I also have to say, he did have bacon and eggs again, but this time he asked for his eggs to be scrambled and the bacon well done, much better!!!
Needless to say, we will be glad to get home on Wednesday, thank you for following along on our journey with us, each and everyone of you has a special place in our hearts and will also have a special place in Zeb's. Since I can't post all the pictures I wanted to, you can go to the web album and see some more. I will also try to post some videos, but will probably do that in the middle of the night since it takes so long. Love, Crystal

9 comments:
Hey you guys! Enjoy your last few days there and enjoy that boy! We can't wait to have you home and will be praying for you all--as always! Love you all.-Ab
I'm so glad you had a good visit today. And hope, tomorrow goes the same. We can't wait for you to be home and will continue to remember you in our prayers. Love, Tina
Great pictures of Zeb, as usual!! We love to view them each night. Grace thinks he's adorable and can't wait to play with him! Karis just points and says "baby", but I'm sure that means she's excited to play with him soon, too. Enjoy your remaining time there and I know we'll all help you pass the time quickly once you arrive back home. Hopefully, March will be here faster than you think. Give Zeb hugs and kisses for us!
Love,
Wendy
Every time I read your blog I get tears in my eyes. I can't imagine what you will go through Wednesday. But I know you Crystal you are a strond woman and with God everything is going to work out and March will be here before you know. Have a Safe trip home and we miss you here. Love ya! Lindsay
So glad to see that Zeb is feeling better. I'll be thinking of you guys as you head back home. I know this will be so hard to leave him. Just remember, your leaving makes him one step closer to being at home with his family. One day at time, one day at a time. Get that boy home!!
Love, Marieta
He looks so much better! Have a safe trip home. Can't wait to see your pics. (all of them!!) :) March will be here before you know it. Keepin you in our prayers. Love ya!
Great pics of the little one. You can really see his face. Adorable. I know Wednesday will be very difficult but remember he will be in your arms again soon. I will pray for you guys on your journey home and look forward to seeing you soon! Love ya! Carrie
Little Zeb is so beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet him...he and Evan can play together! When you get home, call me and we'll eat some of your "real" popcorn together! I have so enjoyed reading every word of your blog and the pictures are amazing. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Have a safe trip home!
Love,
Katie
He couldn't be more adorable. He makes some of the sweetest expressions. So glad we met at the hotel in Almaty.
Hope our Kazakh sons meet up soon and play together.
Janet & Jim
Maumelle, Arkansas
(working in Saudi Arabia)
Post a Comment