Sunday, February 10, 2008

We are here

Good morning everyone, it's 2:30 am here and of course I'm wide awake, feels like old times. This trip has been eventful thus far. Our flight was an hour late yesterday leaving Amsterdam because of problems with the fuel gage. Then they brought us to our hotel, which is the Hotel Kazakhstan, where most Americans stay when they travel here for their adoptions. Well, lets just say we were expecting to stay at the same place we stayed before which must be like a 5 star hotel compared to this place. I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere like this before. The floors in our room are some kind of wood and your shoes stick to them when you walk, there was only one towel in the bathroom, when I turned on the shower the shower head come off and water was going everywhere, couldn't find the hot water (knobs were backwards), the room is tinsy, there is a stand up fan that make an awful noise when in use, no hair dryer (which the other place had so I didn't bring one), so we had to go out and buy one, which doesn't work in the bathroom, only by the bed where there is no mirror; lets just say we are highly disappointed. Wayne and I both went to the front desk to ask for a room upgrade, on the internet it has prices for revonated rooms, but they told us all rooms are the same. I really can't believe that there are no suites or anything where your feet don't stick to the floor. Now granted this is the hotel we thought we were going to stay at last time and was disappointed we weren't here, but now I know how lucky we were last time, I truly can not imagine being in this room for 3 weeks. We also called our translator who told us that she couldn't find a room anywhere else, we even told her we would stay at the Hyatt, which we really meant that, so we are stuck here until it is time to go home. Hard to believe a city this size doesn't have a hotel room some where else. So we may not be as cheerful about this trip.
After I slept for about 5 hours and Wayne sat and brewed about the whole thing, we went and ate at the Guiness Pub, it is the closest place to eat, went to the store and bought a $21.00 hair dryer, some pringles and coke light. It is very cold and snowy here, that is one reason we went to the closest place to eat, hopefully it will be a little warmer today so we can venture out further. Our court appointment is at 9am, we just hope it goes well. We thought we would meet with someone last night that would prep us for court, but that didn't happen so lets just hope for the best. Maybe the translator will tell the judge the right things to say if we give the wrong answers. We didn't bring a camera with us, so no pictures this trip. Not really sure what will go on besides court, going to the embassy and delivering gifts to the babyhouse. Yes, we have been told we are going to the babyhouse to give the gifts, but will not get to see Zeb. We weren't expecting on going to the babyhouse, now that is going to be difficult, maybe we can ask for a peek. So that sums up the trip thus far, sorry it was a little on the negative side, it was kinda therapeutic to let it all out. We will make another post after our court, all of you will be in bed so hopefully you will hear some good news when you wake up.
Love,
Crystal

3 comments:

Melody said...

What an adventure you can someday relate to Zeb! How you all risked your lives to form a family. Thank goodness he is so worthy of all of this torture. I am praying for you warmer weather, a smooth court date, a long look at your son, and for all of the Anderson family to soon be home on the farm. God is so good. I pray He blesses your sticky feet.I know that He will. Yours in Christ, Melody

Katie said...

I am so happy for you guys! You are one step closer to bringing little Zeb home. May the love and peace of God surround you during this time. Love, Katie

Lynne said...

Ditto to what Melody and Katie said....yes, I am crying........