Monday, February 11, 2008

Offical Parents!

IT’S OFFICAL, we are the proud parents of Zeb Erick Anderson!! The court process was super easy. We had to wait an hour to see the judge, but then it only took about 10 minutes for the appearance. I got to do most of the talking, which made my husband very excited. The judge asked questions were like state your name, your address, your income, describe your house, do you want to proceed with the adoption, why adopt from Kazakhstan, and we had to state Zeb’s given name and the name we wanted it changed to, that was the hardest part because his given name was Berick Aitmuratov (I never really got the last name right). After seeing his full given name I think one day he will thank us for changing it to something shorter and much more simpler. At court there was a representative from the babyhouse where Zeb was, we asked about Zeb and we were told that he had been moved to another babyhouse. When we were here the first time he was in babyhouse #3, now we think he is at babyhouse #1 which was under renovations before. We still don’t know who will be escorting for us, we were told earlier today that it would be Marina, but we met with her tonight and she didn’t act like it would be her, so who knows. After court we went to a notary and signed a bunch of papers and then went to Mad Murphy’s for a good meal!! Wayne had fried rice and I had cashew chicken, my brave husband has yet to try any beef or any meat other than chicken so far. We may hit the bar area tonight, it seems to be really nice. Also on another positive note, they must have mopped our floors because when we got back today our feet no longer stuck to the floor, thanks Melody for the prayer! Tomorrow we go to the embassy and to deliver gifts to the babyhouse. We are just so thankful to God for allowing us to be a part of something so special and will always be grateful. That’s all the good news for now, we post again tomorrow. Thank you for all the prayers!!!
Love,
Crystal

8 comments:

Tina Paul said...

Do you feel any different now that you are offially parents? We can't wait for you all three to be home.

Love,
Tina

The Sampson's said...

Congratulations! I know you must be relieved that everything is official! I can't wait to meet Zeb! We will keep you all in our prayers!

Love,
Tiffany (Lillard)

Katie said...

Hooray!!! I am so happy for you and your new "official" family! I cried when I read that they mopped your floor...Melody's prayer was certainly answered!

God is good-ALL the time!
Love,
Katie

Lynne said...

I have been thinking about you all day. I am so excited!!!

Krista said...

I heard the news this morning from Aunt Regina! She was so excited! Congrats! Hope the rest of the trip is better than sticky floors! It'll all be worth it when little Zeb comes home!

Anonymous said...

God put you in that room to prepare you for sticky floors.....kool aid, Dr. Pepper, gum.....at least it will be Zeb making those floors sticky in a few weeks. Sticky floors are better than stained carpet!

luv,
Regina

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEW!! We are all excited!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Wayne. I'm hoping to make it out to the Shaw family reunion so that I can meet the little guy. Best of luck. Have a safe trip home.